by tillmann schneiderheinze
After a 4 years construction period opens in 1960 after the construction plans of
Kunz Nierade and Kurt Hemmerling the new Leipzig Opera House at the location of the in
World War II destroyed „New Theatre“ opens with the performance of Richard Wagner’s
“Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg”.
By the traditions of classicism theatre architecture coined and under monument protection
standing house 1993 became in cause of the 300-year celebration particularly in security
and fire protection-technical range reconstructs.
In the process of multiyear building phases from 1999 till 2003 a comprehensive
reconstruction of the stage technology, fire protection and in terms of safety on the base of the existing legal defaults accomplished.
In the year 2007 the spectator house, under consideration of the monument protection,
was completely reorganized. New chairs for 1247 spectators were inserted.
Welcome at the Website about the technical conditions of Leipzig Operahouse
The following Sites are not a official Website from the Opera Leipzig! Press the Button "Oper Leipzig" for visiting the regular website of the Opera Leipzig. This site wird privat betrieben. Alle technischen Informationen entsprechen dem aktuellen Stand.